Friday, July 10, 2015

What to Keep

I am determined to reduce my stash by a lot.  I want to say by half but I don't know if I can part with that much but I'm going to try.  This means I have some serious decisions to make about what to keep and what to part with.


Every time I bought a ball of yarn it was always with good intentions of knitting something wonderful for someone but here we are years later and most of those projects haven't been started but I have kept right on adding to my stash.  Acrylic, wool, cotton, alpaca, camel, mohair, silk, lace weight, sock yarn, worsted, chunky and roving; I have it all.


Over the years my knitting skills have improved and the projects that I want to knit have changed.  I don't knit a lot with chunky weights or acrylics and almost never with novelty yarns so they will be the easiest to sort through.  The natural fibers, lace weight and the sock yarn will be the toughest.

But in the end I'll be happier knowing that what I have kept I will knit and that the rest will have found homes with new Knitters who will enjoy it and knit wonderful things for their families.




2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Clearing out always feels good when its done

Caffeine Girl said...

I MUST go through my stash before school starts. Keep us updated on your progress. Maybe that will inspire me!