Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lesson Learned

I brought my sweater with me to the cottage.  I didn't have a lot of knitting time but I did manage to fit in a few rows.  The colourwork in this sweater is mostly knit in intarsia.  I found out the first lesson in intarsia knitting the hard way:  don't pull out too much yarn from your yarn butterflies or bobbins.  The longer your working yarn, the greater the chances are of them tangling.  Now, I knew this but I ignored it.  This is what happens.


As you can see in the picture above,  I ended up with a bit of a tangled mess.


It really isn't the worst thing that can happen when you are knitting and it didn't take me long to untangle things.  Don't let all these balls of yarn scare you off from knitting intarsia; it's easier than it looks.


Next I undid all the butterflies and rewound them getting rid of all that excess yarn.


With my knitting back in order I found a quiet spot on the beach to knit a few rows.





3 comments:

Mereknits said...

That knitting looks way to complicated for me, but it sure is beautiful.
Enjoy.
Meredith

Donna Atkinsin-Wilson said...

Wonderful place to relax and knit. I wish I could do more often. Xo

Donna Atkinsin-Wilson said...

Wonderful place to relax and knit. I wish I could do more often. Xo