Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Two Dollars and Seventy Cents

The skein from yesterday has been wound and is set to go.


Yarn shopping is one of my favourite things to do and I regularly spend $20, $25 or $30 on a single skein of yarn without blinking an eye.  But, I also get really excited about finding amazing deals on yarn; it helps balance things out in the end :)


As you can see, I ended up with 3 balls that totalled 282 grams.  In the yarn shops they would sell between $7 and $8.50 per ball - $21 to $25.50.

This skein came out the of the seconds bin (note that there was not one knot in the entire skein and there is nothing wrong with this wool and it is wool not acrylic) for .27 cents an ounce.  Here's the math  282 grams = 10 oz x .27 = $2.70 for all 3 balls.

I love a great deal!


4 comments:

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

Wow. I guess spinning can really pencil out. Most impressive!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That is a GREAT deal and a lovely colour to boot!

Mereknits said...

I am like you, I will spend money on good yarn but I love a bargain. Your new yarn is very fun.
Hugs,
Meredith

Caffeine Girl said...

That's a pretty amazing deal!