Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You Can't Knit and Paddle at the Same Time

Heather from the Social Beehive arranged a night of kayaking at one of our local lakes.  I had never kayaked before and was a little unsure but everyone assured me that they are more stable than a canoe and everything would be fine.  We went up to the rental booth only to find out that all the kayaks had been rented and our only option was a CANOE!


After a lot of reassurance (and I mean a lot!) I agreed to try the canoe.  I was sure this wasn't going to end well.



Heather and Angela were both amazing and made the night so much fun; at some point I forgot to be scared and found myself having fun!  


It was a great evening out and I would do it again.  Thanks Heather for organizing the night!


Back at home I worked a few arm decrease rows then called it a night.  Paddling is hard work.  



No comments: