Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Forty Row Mistake

About a month ago I discovered that I had made a mistake in my knitting.  Right at the row where section one finished and section two began; forty some odd rows back.  I carefully folded up the shawl and put it away.


It was an unfortunate mistake, not really a knitting mistake but more of a counting mistake.  If you look at section one - the solid grey - you can see that all the increases are being made on the right hand side of the work.  



When I continued on with section two - the coloured slip stitch pattern - I had the wrong side of my knitting facing me which meant that the increases where now being worked on the left side of the shawl.  Ooops.  Thankfully I noticed the funny shaping going on before I had knit any further.


Today seemed like the day to pull it out and get back on track.


2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I often have to put things aside before I can bear to frog them. It's always a relief when I finish frogging and get the stitches back on the needles.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ugh - that's a pain! Sometimes you just have to put the knitting in the time out chair before you can tackle it again!