About a month ago I discovered that I had made a mistake in my knitting. Right at the row where section one finished and section two began; forty some odd rows back. I carefully folded up the shawl and put it away.
It was an unfortunate mistake, not really a knitting mistake but more of a counting mistake. If you look at section one - the solid grey - you can see that all the increases are being made on the right hand side of the work.
When I continued on with section two - the coloured slip stitch pattern - I had the wrong side of my knitting facing me which meant that the increases where now being worked on the left side of the shawl. Ooops. Thankfully I noticed the funny shaping going on before I had knit any further.
Today seemed like the day to pull it out and get back on track.