Saturday, September 19, 2015

Back To Basics Farm

Yesterday on our way through Owen Sound we drove by the Back To Basics farm and she was open!

The owner is a spinner and knitter and raises sheep. She has a nice vintage style shop in the front of her house filled with all kinds of treasures. The hydro was out while we were there but that didn't stop us! We pulled out our phones and used the flashlights to look at old books, hankies, jewellery and teas. There were beautiful skeins of handspun wool/mohair blends and a good selection of rovings to pick from. If you are a spinner, this is the place for you.

I left with some cotton roving and some hemp roving. Just an ounce of each; something I can play with. They also had drop spindle key chains which I couldn't resist.

If you don't get up to the Owen Sound area don't worry. She will be at the Woodstock Fleece Festival in October!!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

Very fun find!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

The rovings look beautiful. And being "off the grid" at her Back to Basics farm seems apropos!

Andi G said...

Brilliant find! I wish I had a little farm like that nearby. What a treat.

Caffeine Girl said...

What an adorable little shop that sounds like. I love little indie businesses.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Owen Sound is where my brother lives - I will have to check that place out on my next visit!