Thursday, September 3, 2015

Catching Up

My friend Rebecca introduced me to the Pennant Scarf pattern and we have both started knitting it.  Remember the pictures here of the day we were working on it together? Since that day I haven't knit a lot on the scarf because I went back to knitting the sleeve for my cardigan. 

But yesterday I was out and about and the thought of carting around a sleeve, multiple balls of yarn and a chart was just too much.  So, back to the scarf it was!


I met a friend for tea and some knitting. She is working on a scarf too but it is a lace pattern.


Then there was a stop at the garage for a car repair that thankfully wasn't as serious as I feared.


Here it is, my Pennant so far.  It still has many rows to go before it starts looking like a scarf or being as long as Rebecca's.  (I know it's not a race but I still don't like being behind :)  She has been merrily knitting along on her scarf and she is a Knitter who can focus and remember to slip her end stitches - no pulling out rows for her.  I need to be more like her; but I seem to have knit enough of it now that I'm remembering to slip those end stitches.  This means no more bumpy edges that I have to rip out.  Fingers crossed it's smooth knitting ahead and I can do a little catching up.




3 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That is a really interesting scarf/shawl. And such a pretty color!
I always forget to slip the end stitch, too!

Mereknits said...

I think you are making fantastic progress. Hugs,
Meredith

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That looks like a perfect travel project!