Saturday, October 17, 2015

2015 Woodstock Fleece Festival

Today was the day that I had been counting the sleeps until - the Woodstock Fleece Festival.  Despite the cold and a few snow flakes, it was a great afternoon.

There was lots of fleece to choose from 


there were sheep




This girl is a BFL cross.  She was very friendly and liked her nose rubbed.  Her fiber will be available at next year's festival.  I need to remember that.


There were Angora bunnies


and there were llamas and alpacas


This was all I came home with.  A shawl pin - I couldn't resist a vintage needle made into jewellry, a needle felted sheep just because she was so cute and a skein of 100% Lincoln sheep wool from a farm here in Ontario. I think it will be a pair of mitts or maybe a hat.



4 comments:

Seajaes said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. My hubby made your shawl pin. He has a very artistic eye and is sooooo supportive of my fibre addiction. We think this festival gets better and better. Someone told me today it's like a mini Rhinebeck. Cheers

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Mom and I didn't make it this year - hope it was a good one!

karen said...

I think you came home with lovely stuff. I just enjoy those kind of festivals, taking in the sights and sounds and barn smells!! Looks like a great time :)

Mereknits said...

I would have bought that sheep in a second, great finds at the festival.
Hugs,
Meredith