Thursday, October 22, 2015

It's A Finishing Day!

It has seemed like ages since I have finished anything.  I guess that's what happens when you get carried away and cast on too many projects at once.  But, I did get two things finished today. 

 First, I finished my cross stitch piece called Wicked Accident. I love how the pumpkin is designed.  Stitching with variegated threads is just as much fun as knitting with variegated wools. Are there any cross stitch experts out there?  I'm not really sure how I should finish it.  Should I give it a little press with the iron or should I dampen the whole piece and basically block it like a piece of knitting?  Any suggestions would be welcomed!!


Second, is another finished dishcloth.  Nothing fancy it's just a small project knit all in garter stitch but it's functional, it lets me knit through the nerve wracking baseball games without fear of messing up a pattern and it is slowly using up my cotton odds and ends.


I'm still knitting away on the shawl.  No end in sight for this project for a while.  Thank goodness I like knitting it or I'm afraid it might have ended up as a UFO stuck in the back of a closet never to be seen again.  

3 comments:

Wanda H said...

Your cross stitch is very cute!! I haven't cross stitched since my kids were born! You can wash it in a bit of dish soap and water to get rid of the fingerprints /oils from your hand (give it a little soak) and lay flat to dry. When nearly dry you can press lightly from the back on a fluffy towel so you don't flatten it. Are you going to frame it?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I don't consider myself an expert, but I always gave mine a light press before framing.

Andi G said...

Yes, when you cast on all the things it is a big happening when something is finished, right? :)
Lovely FOs. Your stitching is beautiful.