Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sorting, Organizing, Finding

For the last while I have been working on moving my yarn stash from a room in the basement upstairs to a spare bedroom.  It has been a lot of work - moving shelves, totes of yarn and containers of needles.  I'm still not finished but it's getting there.


A box of Briggs and Little has found a home on the newly moved shelves.


I forgot I had this yarn.  I found it in a box in the basement.  Who forgets they have 2 skeins of a Yak Down blend????  Someone with WAY too much yarn, that's who.


I've been working on my shawl and my goal is to get the slip stitch pattern section done by the end of the weekend.  That means at least 20 rows a day of knitting.  So far I'm getting the rows knit.  When I need a break I pick up my embroidery and do some random stitching :) 

(sorry picture is upside down!)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your yarn room is shaping up nicely. It will be worth the effort to have all your supplies together. Plus look at all of the wonderful discoveries you are unearthing!

Great Job!!

Mereknits said...

That room looks like a dream come true! Beautiful yarn displayed all over, it is beautiful.
Hugs,
Meredith

DropStitchChris said...

I just came across this lovely image today Louise…wow!! I bet it brings you a lot of joy to walk into this space and dream of what to make next…then do it!!!

Caroline said...

This is your yarn stash???? Oh my-lanta. LOVE IT