Monday, November 30, 2015

Traditions

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent some time with my Mom and we made our outdoor winter arrangements. This is our 4th year making these and we always have so much fun. I think it's officially become a tradition now.

We fill Mom's garage with branches, bows, Christmas balls, pine cones and Christmas music and the arranging begins. Mom has a natural talent for this kind of thing; me not so much!

We will remember this as the year I decided I would use a large Spruce branch as it was and make it a "tree" to sit outside my front door. It was a little crooked and a little sparse and they may have been a Charlie Brown Christmas tree comment mentioned but I think it looks great. It's these silly moments that make the memories, right?

I didn't get a lot of knitting done that day but I did manage to finish weaving another scarf. I really like the colours and how it stripped. My edges on the other hand need some serious work but that will come with more practice.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Your scarf is wonderful, I love it. I need to get my loom going again.
Hugs,
Meredith