Thursday, December 17, 2015

Spindle Box

Even with Christmas fast approaching I spent the morning organizing my spinning supplies.

I moved a cabinet upstairs and filled most of it with fleece (knitting needles filled the rest).

A few weeks ago at a Christmas bazaar I found this amazing old wooden box. I didn't know what I'd use it for but today as I was filling up the cabinet with mohair, alpaca and Shetland wool rovings and fleece it came to me. It would make a great box to keep my drop spindle in.

It was a perfect fit.

2 comments:

Dizzy said...

What a gorgeous old chest! I would love to come across something like that. My husband and I have an agreement that once a year, we can declare "useful thing" on any item we come across at flea market or garage sale, and purchase it without question. I would totally hang onto a chest like that until I found a use for it, and crafting tools are certainly most fitting!

Deborah said...

That is a wonderful box...and the treasures inside are nice.