Sunday, January 24, 2016

Colour Choices

On Saturday afternoon I got started on the colour work pattern for the gloves.  My plan was to knit the design a little different than what the pattern called for and that meant switching the colours opposite to the chart I had to knit from.  After 7 rounds of knitting (and chatting at the same time - I should know better by now) I realized that I had forgotten to switch around my colours.

first attempt 
Saturday night I pulled out my colour work back to the ribbing, picked up the stitches and started again.  This time with the colours in their proper places.  The white is now the background colour and the variegated is my pattern colour making the snowflake.  It makes a big difference doesn't it.

second attempt

I think this is a much better colour choice don't you?

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I am in awe that you can do it anyway you choose. Beautiful knitting.
Meredith