Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rhythmic Knitting

Do you ever have one of those nights where you want to knit on autopilot?  No chart reading or row counting, just rhythmic knitting.  That was me tonight.  Right after work I changed into my pajamas, ate supper in front of the tv and knit away while I watched American Idol.


I found a partial knit dishcloth in my bag and decided tonight was the night to finish it.  Knit in a simple k1, p1 seed stitch this made for the perfect knitting while watching tv project.


I had cast on 37 stitches and repeated k1, p1 to the end of the row and kept repeating this row until my cloth was 8".

Tip - The secret to making every row of seed stitch start with a knit stitch is to cast on an odd number of stitches.





1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I feel like that more often than not, I am into purely simple knitting and crochet right now.
Hugs,
Meredith