Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Experimenting Continues

After yesterday's successful experimenting with the brioche moebius I cast on for another cowl today.  The experimenting continues; I'm knitting this one on a smaller needle, have cast on more stitches and I'm going to knit sections of brioche knit and brioche purl stitches.


As you can see I took a break from knitting to go for a walk in the snow.  The walk didn't last long; it was really cold!  I quickly headed back home to warm up with a cup of tea, watch football and resume knitting.  So far I've only run into one snag.  I lost a stitch.  Not a yarn over but a stitch.  I'm not sure how that happened.  I'm guessing it was during a touch down or possibly an interception that caused me to be unfocused on my knitting.  Picking up stitches in brioche knitting is a little trickier than regular knitting since you have to make sure all the stitches end up being in their pairs and yarn overs with the proper stitches.  With a little fiddling around I think I've fixed my problem but I'll know for sure on the next round.  Fingers crossed......


3 comments:

karen said...

pretty pretty!! Love the wintry photo :) I am knitting a simple cowl, no photos yet but maybe today?? Have fun knitting!

mari said...

I'm loving this one also. And yes it is quite tricky to pickup s stitch in Brioche :( frustrating I found ...

Mereknits said...

I am over football after the Packers lost, we are all so depressed!
Hugs,
Meredith