Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We Have New Brioche Knitters

Monday night was our Knitting Goddesses guild meeting.  Our topic for the night was moebius knitting but before we jumped into that we took some time to do show and tell.  Last month's meeting was all about brioche knitting. Brioche knitting is a huge topic and with only 1 1/2 hours to teach the basics to a large group I went home worried that I had only overwhelmed everyone with a lot of new stuff. So I was very pleasantly surprised to see what some Knitters had been working on at home over the last month!


These fingerless mitts are a pattern I wrote up for our guild members to practice the brioche knit, brioche purl and increases stitches.  Wonderful job Rebecca!


This scarf was the hit of the night.  Isn't it amazing?  Virginia was intrigued with the brioche increases and decreases and found this pattern on line to explore the technique further.  Excellent knitting!


This spa cloth shows that cotton knits up just as nicely as wool in the brioche stitches.  Great project Linda!



This scarf shows how soft and thick the brioche knit stitch knits up.  Lovely knitting Wanda!


Cathy has two projects started, the fingerless mitts and a man's scarf being knit in sock yarn that shows the versatility of the brioche stitch.  It knits up great for both men and women.  Amazing work Cathy!

I'm so glad that we have some new brioche knitters who are as excited about this technique as I am! 





2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I need to visit you for a brioche lesson! I've taken two classes and still can't do it!

Alyssa said...

I love brioche knitting! It just makes such a soft and fluffy fabric :) beautiful pictures!