Thursday, May 19, 2016

Retreat Weekend

Last weekend was an amazing weekend.  Thanks to Kathy from the Thread & Eye  for putting together a fun and relaxing weekend of cross stitching (and a little knitting) at the Brentwood Bed and Breakfast.


 As you enter the B&B this sign greets you; enter with a happy heart.  If you didn't entering feeling that way it didn't take long to be transformed.  Between the view overlooking the lake and the friendly Stitchers who made everyone feel welcome you couldn't help but let the stress of the week fade away.

View over looking the lake



The basement was set up with tables, comfy chairs and good lighting.  Just what we needed for all day and late night stitching. (Late as in 2 am!)  It has taken me all week to catch up on my sleep.  But it was so worth it!



Some of the girls set up their work in a sitting room upstairs that had a great view of the lake.



The projects that were being worked on were incredible. Tracey is stitching a Star Wars piece.


And this is Kathy from the Thread & Eye shop working on an incredibly detailed, large project.


And there were Knitters there too!  Meet Robin, a reader of the blog.  Hi, Robin. It was great to meet you in person!


And Adrienne, taking a break from stitching to work on her sock.  She also had the best project bags from Zig Zag Stitches.


Once Adrienne and I realized we were both sock Knitters, we compared hand knit socks each morning at breakfast :)



These are the "Upstairs Girls" that I spent most of the weekend stitching with.  If you thought other knitters were enablers, I can tell you that cross stitchers are just as "encouraging" when it comes to suggesting new patterns to buy, designers to check out and stitch a longs to join!  Thanks for making me a part of the group ladies!


I did venture outside a few times over the weekend when I needed to give my eyes a rest and stretch my legs.  The weather outside was windy and cool - even a few snowflakes - but my knitwear kept me warm.  



Happy knitting (and stitching) everyone!




4 comments:

DropStitchChris said...

Sounds like a great weekend Louise!

kathy b said...

My favorite shot is of YOU!!! The last one! Love your beautiful hand knits. Im glad you had fun

Caroline said...

It was a fantastic weekend!

kathy b said...

Oh I love those alpacas.....and I love your beautiful photographs and sentiment. Looks like a great time had by all