Sunday, August 7, 2016

Video Making

I've been spending all my free knitting time lately gearing up for the fall and what always seems like the start of a new knitting season in September.

It's a busy time.  Dates and locations for classes to be decided on, class material to put together, samples to knit, patterns to write and videos to make.  Yes, that right, I'm jumping in and making knitting videos!

At first it was pretty nerve racking; well actually it still is.  What do I say, how do I sound, what if  say something wrong, am I going too slow or too fast, what if people don't like what post, should I get a manicure.....


In the end my desire to give my students an additional resource that they can access whenever they need won out.  I set up my cell phone, locked the cat in the bedroom - she doesn't have any second thoughts about jumping in front of the camera - and gave it a go.  I'm not too tech savy so I have a few kinks to work out but I think the knitting content is ok.

So, here it goes. They are up on YouTube, you can search WildflowerWool (one word) to find them or I've added the links below if you want to take a look.

Knit Stitch video

Knitted Cast On video

I'm open to any pointers for making the videos better and if you have any suggestions for upcoming videos please let me know.


2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Neat! Have fun!

kathy b said...

Ohhh Great project. You have lots to teach us. I want someone to show how they miraculously weave in ends so we dont see them at all.