Monday, February 20, 2017

Family, Socks and Knitting

Happy Family Day knitters!  If today is a holiday wherever you are reading this I hope your are having a fantastic long weekend.

Last weekend my Mom, Aunt and I had our own knitting afternoon and I had so much fun. Hopefully they did too!  They are both working on a pair of socks.


Mom had the leg of her sock knit so she moved onto knitting the heel flap.


I taught Aunt Joyce the Kitchener Stitch


and the long tail cast on - perfect for socks since it is so stretchy



Aunt Joyce has one sock finished and has cast on for sock number two.  No second sock syndrome for her!!


Thanks for a fun afternoon,  I'm looking forward to our next kntting day!  Maybe we can get some more family to join us - Angela, Anita, Lynne, Tara, Vicki, Ellen, Aunt Martha??  Grayden you are more than welcome too!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I would love it if my family would knit with me.

Mereknits said...

What a great afternoon, I am a bit jealous of all of your fun.